Selective Nerve Root Block (SNRB)
· An intravenous line will be secured.
· The skin at the site of injections will be cleaned.
· The skin is numbed with medication.
· Under X-ray guidance, fine needles are used to reach the nerve to be targeted.
· A contrast dye is used to make sure correct placement of the needle.
· You may feel some pressure when the needles are inserted but the doctor will speak to you as the procedure is going on and reassuring you all the time.
· The medication is injected around the nerve.
· The whole procedure takes around 30- 60 minutes.